Monday, October 25, 2010

Spicy Strawberry Chicken- I'm not crazy!!!

The ingredient s in the marinade made my husband turn his nose up, but when he tasted it he was very surprised!  A spicy, strawberry chicken was for supper this evening and I was even surprised at how well my latest recipe turned out.  It is a spicy dish, but doesn’t burn your mouth.  The meal is a sweet and spicy chicken leaving you wishing for more.
The marinade was very easy to make.  Two heaping tablespoons of strawberry jelly, a diced jalapeño, and Worcestershire sauce.  Put enough Worcestershire sauce in to make the marinade just a tad runny.  On the chicken add a dash of cayenne pepper and garlic to both sides.  I put the marinade on the chicken for about an hour, but next I will do it a little longer. 
I cooked the chicken on medium high and browned both sides (about 4 minutes each). Don’t forget to add the left over marinade from the bottom of the dish.   Then, I added about ½ a bag of sliced, frozen strawberries.  Next, I drained a can of zesty, diced tomatoes and then added the tomatoes to the pan. Finally, I added garlic and crushed red peppers.  I covered the pan and cooked it for about 15-20 more minutes.  The chicken had to be turned a few times so it didn’t stick. 
The dish turned out great.  I can’t wait to eat my leftovers tomorrow!
Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment