Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chicken with a Mediterranean Flare!

Cooking seems to give me sanity.  Without it, where would I be?  I don't even want to think like that!!!  A friend came over for dinner this evening.  She enjoyed supper -so I wanted to make sure I shared with all of you!  Dinner tonight was a spin-off of a recipe from allrecipes.com.  It is called Quick Mediterranean Chicken.  I don't do well following recipes- so mine is definately different, but gave me the idea.  I used two large boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  I used a Greek Marinade to marinate them and put garlic and cracked black pepper on the chicken.  Next, I browned the chicken on both sides for about 4  minutes each.  While they were browning I diced about half of a small white onion and browned it too.  Then, I poured in a can of diced tomatoes- basalmic orgeneno and a can of diced tomatoes with diced green chile peppers.  I let that cook for about 5 minutes covered.  Then I added a can of drained French Styled Green Beans.  I added some more garlic, pepper, and dash more of the marinade.  It cooked for about 20 more minutes.  The thing with official recipes that I don't like is my taste may be completely different than someone else's tastes.  What if I have a huge chicken breast and someboday else uses a 3 oz. piece.  So the way I look at it is use a thermometer, don't go on times- they are not always right.  Don't follow recipes to the exact measurements.... if you like more garlic or spicy foods- add more!!!  If you don't substitute flavors.  Have fun and play with your food.  What is the worst that can happen?  It turns out bad?  Big deal, eat a sandwich or a frozen pizza... you learned what works and what doesn't!!  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment