Friday, October 15, 2010

Five ingredients....

A few people have asked if I ever cook vegetarian meals- I do.  A great soup recipe that I like is made with only five ingredients!  I am not able to make it too often, because it is made with refried beans and my husband doesn’t like them… too bad for him when I am in the mood for them!!!  The ingredients are: 1 can fat free refried beans, 1 can chicken broth, 1 can black beans, and 1 can diced tomatoes.  I throw it all in together (don’t forget to rinse the black beans) and cook until the refried beans are no longer thick.  I know the recipe calls for chicken broth (which I prefer), but can be substituted with vegetable stock.  Another twist that can be used is to use the black beans with jalapenos and lime to give it more flavor.  As always, add garlic and whatever seasonings you like to your taste!!  This recipe is low in calories and fat, but high in flavor!  Happy cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment