Monday, October 11, 2010

Hoegaarden....

Would you like to try a new beer and a new recipe?   I have both for you!!  Hoegaarden, a Belgian beer!!  If you know me that fact that I found a beer that I like is shocking.  First, let me explain how I first drank the beer.  I was at the gas station and a table was set up. As I walked by, the lady offered me a sample of beer or Jager.  I said no thanks and I didn’t drink beer.  She said I needed to try Hoegaarden.   I looked at her and asked if she called me a ho- her mouth dropped and she was shocked.  I laughed and said I was kidding, so of course I tried the beer then.  Surprisingly, I liked it!  I bought a six pack!! 
Normally, I try new recipes with any of the drinks I have around the house.  So with the Hoegaarden beer I tried to bake a chicken with it a few weeks ago, but something was missing.  It just wasn’t right.  Tonight, I got it right!!  The missing ingredient from the last time was rosemary.  The chicken turned out great.  I have leftovers for my husband since he wasn’t home for supper, but I may hide them and eat them for lunch tomorrow.
Once again I used two chicken breasts.  I seasoned them with quite a bit of lemon pepper, garlic, and rosemary. I decided to cook it on the stove. I poured half a bottle of beer in and cooked it on med-hi until the beer cooked off. I turned it a couple time- right before the chicken starts to burn and stick I added about a ¼ of the bottle of beer and let it cook longer.  By this point, the chicken was getting a nice brown coating without burning.  Then, before it burned again, I added the rest of the beer and let it cook off.  The chicken was very flavorful and moist!!  We had green beans and a crescent roll with it to eat.  Dinner was great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment