Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pineapple and Chicken-- really??

Pineapple, tomatoes, and chicken???  I am sure you just turned your nose up at my latest creation, but don’t knock it until you try it!!  Two people ate it with me this week and both of them gave me a funny look when I told them what was for supper.  Guess what… they both loved it!!!  What are the main ingredients?  Chicken breasts, pineapple chunks, diced tomatoes, and crushed red pepper.  If you have that, you can make the dish. 
First, I threw a dash of Italian dressing on the three chicken breasts.  Next, I put Italian seasonings, garlic, and basil on both sides. On the stove, I browned both sides of the chicken and then added two cans of diced tomatoes (I used the basil, garlic, and oregano tomatoes).  Then, I added about 2 cups of frozen pineapple chunks (Where I am there isn’t very much fresh fruit to chose from!).  Finally, I added some more garlic, Italian seasonings, and a bunch of crushed red pepper.  Add enough for your own taste buds.  Cover it and cook it until it is done… it took about twenty minutes for the chicken to cook the rest of the way. 
The pineapple made the dish very tasty.  It was sweet at the beginning of the bite and then follows up a little spicy. Another way I have tried this dish it to make it with mango instead of the pineapple.  Believe it or not, the different fruit made the chicken and sauce taste completely different!!
 Let me know if any of you try the dish yourself (with either fruit)!!! 
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment