Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This is the first!

Today after watching Julie and Julia I decided to create my own blog- not to become famous or to follow a year of cooking with Julia.  To put it simply: I love to cook and trying new recipes.  At least once a week I try new recipes out on my family.  Why not share these recipes with friends and others so you can quickly find a good and usually easy recipe.  Having two children does not allow me to spend long extended times to making meals. 
The first recipe I will share is one I created recently by adding things together and it was a HUGE hit with my husband. 
I used salsa, black beans, and chicken!  Sounds simple?  It was, but very flavorful.
First, I browned two boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a little olive oil (amount varies on size of chicken). Sprinkle garlic all over both sides and a dash of dried basil.  Brown the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side.  Add about 1 1/2 cups of salsa (adding fresh cilantro makes it even better).  Then rinse a can of black beans and add.  Add a dash more garlic and any hot sauce or crushed red better if you like it spicy.  Cook for about 7-10 minutes.  The meal turns out great!
Hope you enjoy if you try it yourself.  Let me know if there are any types of recipes you are looking  for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment