Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Husband's request

Greetings!  I am so thankful to see I already have a few people following! You will notice a trend in my recipes... mainly chicken.  It's not that I don't enjoy other food, but we live in a village in Germany.  We don't have a huge choice for fresh meat!!! Some of the recipes will be mine, some will be a combination of recipes, and others will be cited!  I will let you know where each recipe came from. 
 I told my husband I created this blog and he told me another recipe I needed to add to let others know about.  He was amazed at how simple it was when I explained it to him. I came up with this one on my own.  It just sounded good.  It is chicken wrapped in proscuitto. Incase you do not know, proscuitto is like an Italian bacon.  It is heavenly to eat;-)  Maybe I love food too much!
First, I marinated two chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) in Italian dressing. ( Something you may not know- when you marinate-don't just pour it over the meat.  Use a fork and poke a bunch of holes into both sides.  It lets the marinade go into the meat.)  You can throw it in the refrigerator and marinate if you have time- no big deal if not... I usually don't have time!  Save the marinade once you take the chicken out. Next, I used a packet of dry italian dressing mix for seasoning over the chicken on both sides.  I sprinkled garlic all over (yes, I use garlic all the time), a little lemon pepper salt, and threw on a dash of dried Italian seasonings(mine are flown here from Graziano Bros. in Des Moines, IA- I swear by them).  Next, I wrapped a slice of proscuitto around the chicken and held in place with a toothpick. Bake in a pan in the oven- use what is left of the  marinade from the bottom of the pan and pour over the chicken.  I baked it for about 3o minutes at 375.  You may need to check your chicken- unfortunately, my oven sucks!!! It cooks quickly somedays and slowly other days.  It's an old german oven!! The proscuitto will get crispy by the end. 
My husband has requested this dish be put on a rotating schedule in our house!  The list of his requests keep getting bigger and bigger!!
A friend is coming for dinner tomorrow which means a new recipe!  I can't wait to see what I use then!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I am very excited about your blog! There are plenty of nights I can't think of anything to make. You would think being a chef's wife I wouldn't have a problem :) Now I can just look and see what you made. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm that sounds goood! I will have to get some of those ingredients and give it a try :) thanks for sharing!!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete