Saturday, November 20, 2010

Parmesan and Vegetable Chicken

Last night I concocted a new dish from things that sounded good… I am glad that it turned out yummy.  What’s even better is I just finished eating some leftovers for lunch and it almost tasted better today!!  So what do you need:
·         3 chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
·         Italian seasonings
·         Italian dressing
·         Garlic
·         ½ red pepper, green pepper, and yellow pepper
·         Fresh sliced mushrooms
·         Zucchini
·         Moscato Wine (or any sweet wine)
·         Parmesan cheese
·         Olive oil
·         Egg noodle pasta
Ok- so I started off by cooking the mushrooms (I used 4 good sized mushrooms) in about a ¼ cup of olive oil.  After about five minutes of cooking I added the chunks of chicken and seasoned with garlic and Italian seasoning- I added just a little bit more olive oil.  Then, I added chopped up the rest of the veggies and added them. (You can use any that you want) I allowed them all to cook together for about 7 minutes and then added about a cup of the dressing and a cup of the wine.  Right before the chicken was done cooking I added just a little more dressing and wine and a cup of parmesan cheese.  I cooked the pasta while the chicken was cooking and tossed the chicken mixture in with the pasta when it was all done.  I thought about added crushed red pepper or a dash of hot sauce, but decided not to make it spicy this time.  Maybe next time it will be a spicy dish!!!  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment