Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lemon Tomato Chicken

Do you want something that tastes light, yet is filling?  Tonight, I made a lemon- tomato chicken served over a bed of pasta.  Once again, it was quick and easy to make. 
First, I marinated three small chicken breasts in about a cup of sweet wine (I used Sutter Home Moscato) and about ½ cup of lemon juice, plus I sprinkled garlic powder and a dash of lemon pepper on both sides of the chicken.  Next, I diced a small, white onion and garlic clove.  Then browned it in about  ½ cup of olive oil and ½ cup of lemon juice on high on the stove, plus I added a can of drained mushrooms.  Then, I added the chicken and marinade to the pan.  I let the chicken brown on both sides and added a can of zesty, diced tomatoes.  I covered the pan and let it cook for about another 15 minutes.  While the chicken was cooking I also cooked pasta.  I served the chicken over the pasta (I used egg noodle) and added some of the extra juice so the pasta was coated.  The meal turned out great and had a nice lemon flavor without being overwhelming.  My three year old liked the chicken and pasta, but doesn’t like tomatoes!  My husband got very excited over it and said we will be having the meal again!  We paired the meal with a glass of the Moscato I used to cook.  It was delicious and really brought the flavors out in the meal.  Happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. all of these recipes sound so yummy, but i'm not a tomato fan. can you make something with out tomatoes for me? please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure- I will get on it!I have been trying to cook half way healthy so that is why I use tomatoes so often! Let me know what you like!

    ReplyDelete