Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jalapeno Chicken

Jalapeno chicken- yep, that is what I said.  You may turn your nose up at this, but it is a great dish that I have made for years.  I don’t know where I got the recipe, but it was online somewhere.  Everyone looks at me like I am crazy when I tell them what is in it, but then they love it!  It is definitely a little different than a lot of the recipes I use, but it is DELICIOUS!!!!!  What do you need:
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 whole chicken cut in pieces (I just use 4 or 5 chicken breasts- not cut into pieces)
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons honey (I use a lot more honey)
2 limes juiced (I use 4 limes)
½ jalapeno minced (I use 2 whole jalapenos and it’s not too spicy)
Directions: Preheat oven at 450 degrees F.  Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.  In a small bowl, mix cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.  Rub chicken with mixture and arrange on baking sheet.  In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, blend chicken broth, honey, lime juice, and jalapeno.  Cook and stir until thickened.  Place chicken in oven and cook for 15 minutes.  Begin basting periodically with the chicken broth mixture. Continue cooking for another 30 or until chicken is done and continue to baste. 

2 comments:

  1. this sounds super yummy! i'll be making it in the next few weeks. i'll be sure to let you know what we think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful with leftovers- they become very spicy!!!!

    ReplyDelete