Monday, January 31, 2011

Hearty Herb Chicken

Supper turned into something that could come from Grandma’s kitchen.  It was warm and cozy if that even makes sense!  What was even better is that my three year old asked for more!  She licked the gravy off of her plate;-)  It was a Hearty Herb Chicken.  First, I peeled and cut three baked potatoes into bite size chunks and put those into a cake pan (make sure you use a cooking spray on the bottom- I didn’t and it stuck!).  I chopped a bag of baby carrots and added them next.  You can always add more or different vegetables. Season the vegetables with garlic, Italian seasonings, and about ¼ of a packet of dry Italian dressing.  Next, I used the same seasonings on both sides of four boneless chicken breasts I put the chicken on top of the vegetables and added seasoning salt to all of it.  In a bowl, I stirred two cans of 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup with one cup of skim milk (you can use whatever you have on hand).  I poured the soup over the chicken and vegetables and used some fresh ground pepper.  It baked for about 50 minutes at 400F.  On a cold day, this is definitely the perfect dish to make.  Happy cooking!

4 comments:

  1. Just put this in the oven. Sounded really good with how nasty cold and snowy it is here. I will let you know the reviews from the Leiendecker house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad! Let me know how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone loved it! The kids and JP were crazy about the chicken. Trying to get them to eat more veggies and they did! I added celery, onions, corn, and made a little chicken gravy because I only had 1 can of mush soup. Keep the recipes coming!!

    ReplyDelete