Friday, January 21, 2011

Sweet Pecan Chicken

Sweet Pecan chicken… it was a hit with my three year old!  Normally, it is a struggle to get her to eat three bites of chicken, but not this time!  She ate half of a chicken breast herself!  It was pretty easy to make and well worth the time! 
First, I took about a cup of honey and two eggs and stirred it together to make a marinade.  I used three chicken breasts and seasoned with garlic on both sides.  I poured the marinade on the chicken and left in the refrigerator for about an hour. 
Then I took about a 1 ½ cups of pecans and finely chopped them.  I added about ½ cup of Italian bread crumbs and mixed it together.  Dredge the chicken in the mixture.  If you don’t have enough of the mixture, you can always make more.  Spray a pan with cooking spray and place chicken in it. I took about a ¼ of a stick of butter and melted it.  Then, pour over the top of the chicken. On my chicken, I added a dash of cayenne pepper. It completed the dish for me!  Cook at 375 F for about 40 minutes or until done- don’t overcook it or it will be dry!  This is not a crispy coating on the outside, but more of soft coating with a bite. I know that probably doesn’t make sense, but you will understand what I mean when you make the chicken!     If you drink wine at all, a nice chardonnay goes great with the buttery flavor or a Riesling brings out a great flavor as well. 
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment