Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Vodka Spaghetti (my version)

Dinner was so much fun tonight.   Originally, leftovers were going to be for dinner tonight, but that isn’t what we ended up eating.  Today, we got a box in the mail and I received more Italian Seasonings from my mom from Graziano’s in Des Moines….. I just had to use them!  I decided I wanted to try something new.  I looked up a few recipes with zucchinis, but nothing was sounding good.   Then, I saw a vodka sauce recipe and it sounded pretty good.  I decided I would make it with my spin! 
I diced four fresh mushrooms and about ¼ white onion and added to a pound of Italian sausage to brown.  I seasoned it with garlic as it was cooking.  Once it was browned, I added a ½ cup of vodka. Let it cook until about ½ of it cooks off.  Then, I added ½ cup of whole milk (sorry, I didn’t have cream).  I stirred it all together and added garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and a little basil.  Next, I added one can of tomato sauce, one can of zesty diced tomatoes, and one can of basil garlic diced tomatoes (no juice).  I decided to drain the juice of the second can of diced tomatoes because I didn’t want it too runny.  Serve it over a bed of pasta and top with a little parmesan cheese. 
You may think this recipe may be a little crazy, but it was delicious!I It's a tad zesty, but definitely yummy!  My daughter asked to call my mom because she loved the spaghetti so much and wanted to tell her.  My husband wasn’t home for supper tonight, but I can’t wait to make this recipe for him.  It was very easy and quick to make! 
Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment