Sunday, January 30, 2011

Make your Own Hamburger Helper!

Make your own hamburger helper type meal- and actually enjoy it!  Last night I made a dish that both of my daughters loved.  !  First, I browned a pound of ground beef (you can use ground turkey) seasoned with cumin, garlic powder, and one packet of Goya –cilantro y tomate.  At the same time, I cooked half a pound of macaroni.  When the meat was done, I added a can of tomato sauce, garlic and onion diced tomatoes, and zesty diced tomatoes (juices included).  Next, I added a can of corn and mushrooms drained.  Then, I added another packet of Goya seasonings and seasoned it more with garlic powder and cumin.  This is a great dish to make spicy, but I can't with two little ones eating it.  Finally, I put in chunks of Velveeta cheese and cooked until it was melted. Add as much cheese as you want.  The meal turned out great and was very filling.  It wasn’t too saucy, but enough to cover the pasta. We ate the leftovers for lunch today and they reheated very well.  I was surprised at how well it turned out to be honest!  What is great about this dish is you can add as many vegetables to it or use different vegetables if you want.  If your child doesn’t like vegetables, you can dice them and hide them in the sauce!  Enjoy!  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment