Sunday, December 5, 2010

Super easy- chicken packets!

It's been awhile since I have been on here- I have been sick.  So I have an easy recipe for you .  Chicken Packets are so simple, it is incredible!!!  Do you like spicy food and someone else who is eating there doesn't? Do you like mushrooms and your husband hates them?  I have the solution for you: chicken packets. I make two different types of chicken packets.  The first type of chicken packet I make is I take a boneless chicken breast put a little garlic on both sides and put it in an aluminum foil wrap.  I add a couple tablespoons of salsa (make sure it is covered).  Next, you can add whatever you want- literally!!  Sometimes I will add black beans, corn, jalapenos, and crushed red peppers.  Other times, I add green peppers and mushrooms. Add whatever you like.  This can be fun with children because they can pick and help make the supper.  Wrap the chicken up with the foil and make sure you add another wrap around the outside in case it leaks.  Bake in a pan  for about 45 minutes to one hour at 350 F.  When it is done, poke a hole in the bottom of the wrap and let the juice run out.  Be careful, it is hot!  The chicken turns out very moist and it is a meal in itself! 
The second type of chicken packet I make is I take a boneless chicken breast and wrap it the same way as the other.  I add garlic to both sides of chicken.  I add sliced mushrooms and sliced potatoes.  Next, I pour Italian dressing into the wrap over all of it.  Then, I add more garlic powder, Italian seasoning (of course it comes from Graziano's in Des Moines), and a little dried Basil. You can really add anything to the packets.  Use your imagination!! Close the wrap  and bake it for about 45 minutes to an hour in a pan.  Don't forget to put a small hole and drain the juice.  Once again, it is a meal without having to make anything else!
What is great about the packets is the fact you can make both in the same pan if someone doesn't like salsa! 
Happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment