Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Finally back- Parmesan Halibut


It has been a year since I last posted a recipe…. Sorry to those who kept requesting more!  Life has been insane with jobs, twists, and turns.  I am back to cooking more and have a great recipe to share with you!  Last night I made Parmesan Halibut.  I made it for some friends who do not eat “fish”, yet all three of them loved the dish!  My two year old even loved it and kept asking for more from my plate!

First, I preheated the oven at 360*.  I sprayed a cake pan with Pam and then put in two large halibut filets.  I squeezed a lemon over both of the filets and then flipped them.  I then squeezed another lemon on the other side of the filets.  In a bowl, I mixed: ½ stick of soft butter, 4 T fat free mayo, ¾ cup of parmesan cheese, and a few dashes of hot sauce (add to your liking).  I creamed it all together.  Then, I added a dash of each of the following: Tarragon, Chives, Garlic Powder, and Italian seasoning.  I then mixed it all together.  I put half of the mixture on each of the halibut filets and spread it out.  Next, I covered the dish with aluminum foil and baked for 40 minutes.  I then pulled it out and sprinkled a ½ cup of parmesan cheese over the top of the filets.  Broil the filets for about five more minutes so it is a browned crust on the top.   

We ate the fish with a baked potato and vegetables.  It was a delicious meal!!! 

Happy cooking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment