Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thai PB Chicken

Have you have had Thai food?  I have not but I recently saw a recipe that sounded good.  It is Thai Peanut Butter Chicken.  It sounded yummy, but I was definitely a little unsure of how it would taste or if I would like it. I tweaked it to ingredients I had in my house and tried it out. Well, it was a success.  My husband loves Thai food and he said it was right on the mark for taste!  It was a simple, delicious crock pot recipe that anyone could make. 
So what do you do?  Put four or five chicken breasts in a crock pot.  In a bowl, pour in a can of Rotels diced tomatoes hot and a can of Rotels diced tomatoes mild.  Add about 1 ½ cups of Smooth Peanut Butter.  Mix it together. Then add a tablespoon of ginger powder, a tablespoon of Chili Sauce, and a couple dashes of garlic powder.  Mix together and pour over the chicken.  Let it cook on low all day (8 or 9 hours).  An hour before you are ready to eat, cut the chicken into chunks. At this point taste the sauce.  If it is too spicy for you, add more peanut butter and a dash of milk to cream it up. If you do add more, turn the crock pot on high for the last hour.  Serve the dish over rice or pasta.  My husband is a rice eater, but I am not!  So which ever you prefer, it was great both ways. 
Happy Cooking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment